Regular use of the washer may cause the drain hose to become clogged. Waste such as soil, paper and lint can be accidentally absorbed through the washer drain pipe. Over time, these elements are lodged in the pipe causing the washer to malfunction.
A clogged tubing will not let the water in the washing machine drain, so your clothing will be wet or soggy. The good news is that it is relatively easy to treat a clogged drain pipe.
- Locate the drain hose that is secured to the back of the washer. This tube is large and flexible.
- Remove the screws securing the plate and the drain hose to the washer.
- Hold the drain tube on a 5 gallon bucket and let the water in the drain tube drain into the bowl.
- Insert the snake to drain into the tube.
- Operate the snake in a swinging motion. This will push and undo the obstruction of the tube. Once the blockade has been removed, pull the snake out.
- Replace the drain hose and secure it in place by screwing it back into the plate at the back of the washer.
- Perform a laundry cycle without clothing to clean any debris that may remain in the drain pipe.
Tips & Warnings
- You can buy a drainage snake at home improvement stores or stores.